Friday, May 6, 2011

Solo de Mayo

Wow, thanks so much for the supportive responses to my pathetic post earlier this week. I took my last final exam of the semester on Tuesday night, and while I still have a lot to do, my stress level has definitely come down!

I mentioned that Jake is out in Atlanta working, so this month I'm flying solo. I had a few things to accomplish and I really just needed an evening to myself. So last night I set out right after work to run errands, get a good sweat session in at Zumba, then a calming & relaxing yoga class. I then went back home to make dinner for one. In honor of our neighbors to the south, I wanted to make some sort of Mexican food so I settled on a black bean tostada. I was just kind of throwing things together so this isn't an official recipe, but it turned out really well.
I tried to get all of the ingredients together for this photo, but I forgot a few, oops For the first step I mixed black beans, frozen corn, salsa and a pinch of cumin.

I put a whole wheat tortilla on a baking sheet, spread mozarella cheese on it, then topped it with my black bean mixture. That went in the oven for about 10 minutes

While my base was baking, I cut up some veggies and made a dressing with about a teaspoon of sour cream + a tablespoon of salsa

Got my tortilla out of the oven, piled it high with lettuce, tomato, avocado and the dressing I made. And that's it - incredibly easy!

This turned out SO yummy! It filled me up, but didn't leave me feeling heavy & gross like some mexican food can do. Ole! Perfect meal for one!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Ole! Indeed :). I am excited to try this out, we have all of those ingredients (and I'm so glad this doesnt include a meat!) I'll have to try that out this weekend!